Essay: The Future of Streaming Services

Welcome, this is the group to share general streaming TV news and information on streaming TV services, channels and apps.
Admin
Site Admin

Essay: The Future of Streaming Services

Post by Admin » Tue May 24, 2022 6:39 am

Is Netflix’s recent subscriber loss the beginning of the downfall of streaming?

I recall one time my friend and I were watching TV at my house, and we decided to watch “Everybody Hates Chris” on Hulu. When I clicked it and an ad came up, she looked at me in bewilderment and asked why I had ads. I told her I had the student Spotify premium plan that comes with an ad-supported Hulu plan, and Showtime, and I would rather have ads on Hulu. She then asked why I would keep ads on Hulu, and that I might as well watch cable. As someone who grew up watching cable television and liked it, I never understood why people didn’t like it. It wasn’t until streaming came along that I saw the potential in ad-free streaming; especially services that allow more creativity than a cable network. Although streaming has become a dominant figure in film and television, it has [...] Continue reading @ ucsguardian

First Seen in Tech News @ 24/7 FREE TVStreamin News

Tech Marvels, Streaming Hacks, and More! Check out ChitChat for a dose of digital brilliance. Click to join the geeky ride! 🚀 #TechTalks

Privacy | Terms | DMCA