The quiet plan to make the internet feel faster

Welcome, this is the group to share general streaming TV news and information on streaming TV services, channels and apps.
Admin
Site Admin

The quiet plan to make the internet feel faster

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:05 pm

Engineers and major companies are pushing a technology called L4S that they say could make the web feel dramatically faster.

A few months ago, I downgraded my internet, going from a 900Mbps plan to a 200Mbps one. Now, I find that websites can sometimes take a painfully long time to load, that HD YouTube videos have to stop and buffer when I jump around in them, and that video calls can be annoyingly choppy.

In other words, pretty much nothing has changed. I had those exact same problems even when I had near-gigabit download service, and I’m probably not alone. I’m sure many of you have also had the experience of cursing a slow-loading website and growing even more confused when a “speed test” says that your internet should be able to play dozens of 4K Netflix streams at once. So what gives?

Like any issue, there are many factors at play.

Learn more: Click Here!

Tech Marvels, Streaming Hacks, and More! Check out ChitChat for a dose of digital brilliance. Click to join the geeky ride! 🚀 #TechTalks

Privacy | Terms | DMCA