This is Why Ethernet Connected Media Streamers Rock

Welcome, this is the group to share general streaming TV news and information on streaming TV services, channels and apps.
Admin
Site Admin

This is Why Ethernet Connected Media Streamers Rock

Post by Admin » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:53 am

If you are experiencing constant buffering with your media streamer, take a very close look at this picture

Decided to do a speed test of our Internet connection to see if our Spectrum broadband speeds went down. Because now there are so many more people at home using the Internet to stream and play online video games these days due to worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic.

We were supposed to get 100 Mbps and when I first rant the test from a laptop hooked to my 5G WI-FI it was a lot less than that.

Then before calling Spectrum Tech support to ask if they lowered the speed due to COVID-19, decided to checked it once again from an Ethernet connected computer. And the speeds were exactly where they should be.

Fortunately 60 Mbps is still plenty fast for streaming but if our connection was slower, it could have a dramatic difference on a movie or TV show that played fine or one that constantly stopped due to buffering.

So if you can, run an Ethernet wire from your Router directly to your favorite media streamer. And it will give you the best performance. Plan on doing some more investigating to see if thee is something that can be tweaked on my WI-FI network to get the speed to improve.

Tech Marvels, Streaming Hacks, and More! Check out ChitChat for a dose of digital brilliance. Click to join the geeky ride! 🚀 #TechTalks

Privacy | Terms | DMCA