Shortage of Roku Players on Store Shelves Leaves UK Cord Cutters Befuddled

Welcome, this is the group to share general streaming TV news and information on streaming TV services, channels and apps.
Admin
Site Admin

Shortage of Roku Players on Store Shelves Leaves UK Cord Cutters Befuddled

Post by Admin » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:31 am

Limited Availability of Roku Devices Frustrates UK Cord Cutters.

Apprently store shelves in the UK have been empty of Roku streaming devices since after Christmas. After recent price hikes, many Sky TV users are scrambling to find lower-cost solutions. With the unavailability of Roku players, many are turning to alternative media players instead.

"Yes none of the online retailers have stock. They haven't for months. There is an issue with their manufacturing. Some people think they're either discontinuing products or will cease to exist. - Reddit cord cutter

While streamers liked to recommend a Fire TV as an alternative to Roku, one user summed it up this way: "I have both Fire and Roku. Avoid Fire TV like the plague. My Fire TV (Amazon device) has started showing an ad on startup (not skippable) before you can even use your TV."

For those seeking a high-quality streaming device, I recommend considering the Apple TV. One of its standout features is its impressive computing power, ensuring that apps run smoothly without any lag or glitches. Additionally, the Apple TV does not display any ads, providing a clean and clutter-free interface.

Even if you're not an Apple user, the Apple TV is still an excellent choice. Its reliable performance and longevity set it apart from other streaming devices. In my experience, Apple TVs have consistently run for years without any issues, whereas devices like Rokus, Chromecasts, and Firesticks have had performance hiccups over time. Overall, the Apple TV offers a superior streaming experience.

If you have your heart set on a Roku, UK eBay is another option. Many Roku models are available, (Probably from those who decided to replace theirs with an Apple TV.)

Tech Marvels, Streaming Hacks, and More! Check out ChitChat for a dose of digital brilliance. Click to join the geeky ride! 🚀 #TechTalks

Privacy | Terms | DMCA